Now Hiring: Ashton Kutcher
Admittedly this job isn't going to do much to pull down unemployment numbers, but it's certainly going to make one person -- maybe even a recent college grad -- really happy. Uber-celebrity Ashton Kutcher is looking for a Vice President of Pop Culture, and while it doesn't pay all that well ($50K for one year), it's a really cool job.
The job description reads, "as the VP of Pop Culture you'll be assisting Ashton Kutcher in all official pop culture business, jetting off to report on-location from the hottest pop culture events, helping discover what's popping, and weighing in on all the important issues."
Specifically, you will:
- Submit a weekly blog post about your adventures and what you believe to be pop culture
- Serve as an on-location reporter for at least three top pop culture events like music festivals, award shows and fashion events
- Mingle with pop stars and fashionistas, get snapped by the "pop-arazzi"
- Help spread the snack love by sharing popchips digital content
It's actually all about the popchips, and regardless of whether or not it's a publicity stunt, it's a legitimate job that you can do from home -- telecommuting is acceptable as long as you're willing to attend those three celebrity events during the year. Of course, all expenses are paid. You even get a high-definition Ultra Flip camera and editing software, and a year's supply of popchips.
All you have to do is create a video of 90 seconds or less that showcases your creativity, connection to pop culture and why you would be the best candidate. Then you go to www.facebook.com/popchips and follow the on-screen instructions to upload your application video.
Next: Top 10 Companies Hiring This Week
Related Stories from CNN Money
- 10 Things That Will be Cheaper in 2011
- Boost Your Odds of Finding a Job
- I'm 61. Should I Retire or Keep Working?