Starbucks Coffee Will Reach Half a Million Hotel Rooms
The coffee giant will supply coffee for Courtesy Products, the leading provider of in-room coffee service to hotels starting this fall.
"We know guests staying at luxury and premium hotels value a great cup of coffee. By pairing Starbucks coffees with our CV1 machine, we will be able to deliver a quick and delicious high-quality cup of Starbucks coffee right in their room or suite," says Jim Theiss, CEO of Courtesy Products in a statement.
Confidentiality agreements do not allow Theiss to say which hotel rooms are outfitted with the single-cup CV1 machine, but Theiss tells AOL Travel News the company does business with "many of the major chains."
"We are in about a million hotel rooms in the United States," says Theiss.
Theiss also says the coffee provided will not be the recently introduced Via ready brew coffee, but instead various types of ground coffee.
The deal follows reports that Starbucks is talking with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters to provide coffee for its popular Keurig Brewing System. Starbucks is looking to expand as it ends a distribution agreement with Kraft Foods Inc., under which it provides coffee discs for the Tassimo one-cup brewer.
More Articles You Might Like
- United Flight Diverts Due to Faulty Warning Light [AOL Travel]
- The 5 Worst Ideas for Alcohol Ever [FoxNews Travel]
- Check Out Former Egyptian President Mubarak's New Home (PHOTOS) [Huffington Post]
- Top 5 Fast Food Cities in the U.S. [Reader's Digest]
- Headless Ghost Forces Theme Park Ride to Move Ride [FoxNews Travel]
- Best Up-And-Coming Vacation Spots [Reader's Digest]