AOL Jobs Week Resume Contest Winner: Beverly Sconiers
Location: North Brunswick, N.J.
Job: Executive Assistant
Time Unemployed: 1 month
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
Any potential employer should know that I am a savvy professional assistant who assisted Presidents, CEOs, EVP R&D, CSO and other C-level management in the large matrix and smaill pharmaceutical companies for the last five years and have been caught up in mergers and acquisitions resulting in my current unemployment. I've held several positions for ten years in a NJ hospital where I assisted a VP Clinical Director of Anesthesiology and Pain Management interacting with every department and I assisted with the launching of a new bloodless program designing the brochure and manual. In addition, I have extensive legal background assisting senior managing partners in NJ and NY law firms.
Robert Walsh Court Reporting School – Business Administration Course – Union, NJ, 1980
Katherine Gibbs Business School – Computer Science Course – Piscataway, NJ, 1995
Agile Therapeutics, Inc. (Contractor with Snelling) - Princeton, New Jersey - 2/2010-12/2010
Executive Assistant supporting the President and CEO of a biotechnology company along with 3 other executives with several responsibilities, including:
- Heavy calendar management including the corporate calendar;
- Act as liaison to the Board of Directors; coordinated, prepared and assembled materials for Board of Directors' presentations, board books, contracts with vendors and patent agreements with outside attorneys;
- Single-handedly arranged advisory board meetings; including travel for all participants; drafted consultation agreements and assembled materials and monitored budget.
Novartis (Contractor with Winston Staffing) - East Hanover, New Jersey - 10/2009-2/2010
Executive Assistant supporting the VP Head Specialty Medicines, Medical and Scientific Affairs and staff consisting of 150 employees. Core responsibilities included and not limited to:
- Heavy calendar management including organizational charts;
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications;
- Welcomed guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Reviewed and summarized miscellaneous reports and documents; preparing background documents and outgoing mail as necessary;
- Directly assisted recruiting agencies and HR with director position vacancies in department.
Enzon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Contractor) - Bridgewater, New Jersey - 4/2009-9/2009
Executive Assistant supporting EVP R&D and CSO accompanying principal who traveled between two offices with several responsibilities, including:
- Open, sort and distribute mail, fax documents, keep files, order office supplies and maintain supplies;
- Scheduled and organized advisory board meetings and conference room usage;
- Make domestic and international travel arrangements; including itineraries;
- Input and process Am expense reports; and
- Assist with special projects and performing additional duties as assigned.
DOV Pharmaceutical, Inc. - Somerset, New Jersey - 4/2008-2/2009
Executive Assistant to President and CEO along with 2 executives and patent attorney with several responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Coordinated and arranged meetings for Board of Trustees and due diligence; reserved facilities, prepared agendas, materials and handouts; arranged conference calls;
- Communicated and handled incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the CEO;
- Attend clinical directors' meetings; recording and transcribing meetings;
- Maintained patent and trademark files and systems; and
- Prepared Board of Trustees' 10K and 10Q reports for SEC filing.
- Typing – 65 wpm; speedwriting, Dictaphone, NJ Notary Public
- Computers – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Lotus Notes, Outlook, Ariba, Elance, Concur, Brassring
- Time Entry Systems – IManage, Deltaview, Juris, Elite
If you have a position or job lead for Beverly, please contact her at about.me/BeverlySconiers