AOL Jobs Week Resume Contest Winner: Brandon Bethea
Location: San Diego, Calif.
Industry: International Business/Brand Management/Travel
Time Unemployed: 0 months
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
After spending the past three years caring for my mom and establishing a foundation in her memory, I am excited to help either a small company or established brand in growing their business. I am a hard worker and inspiring co-worker and spend my spare time running a shark-diving project for cancer survivors. I look forward to hearing from you on how I might help solve your current business or brand challenges.
International business professional with significant skills in building brands, growing channels, and managing global product lines. Currently seeking a promising position in the travel, media/entertainment, nonprofit, or consumer products industry.
Thunderbird School of Global Management
- MBA in International Management, January 2004
- Specialization in International Brand Management, 3.6 GPA (3.9 in major)
- BA in International Business with Honors, May 1997
- Minors in Cultural Anthropology & Global H.R. Management, 3.8 GPA (3.9 in major)
Coca-Cola Presidential Scholarship for Brand Management, Thunderbird Assistantship, Winner of Conde Nast Traveler's "Globetrotting for Good" Contest, Bach Scholarship, Vocational Gold Seal, Series 7 and 63 Investment Licenses (expired)
2007-current Heart of Travel Foundation
- Established a nonprofit foundation to create unique travel experiences for people with life-threatening medical conditions. Published in September 2009 issue of Conde Nast Traveler magazine as a winner in the "Globetrotting for Good" competition hosted by Ashoka's Changemakers. Received $2,000 sponsorship from Prilosec to fund controlled shark/marine encounters for locals in San Diego with cancer.
1997-2001 Franklin Templeton Investments
- Managed East Coast operations and developed annual strategic business plan. Invented and developed a game-changing research tool used by over 1,500 employees to evaluate competitors' products and improve product positioning. Project involved collaboration with other business units, collection of market intelligence, and introduction of the "Competition Grid" to sales personnel and senior management. Spearheaded development of marketing materials for the global product line and created the centerpiece presentation used by the C.F.O. and other portfolio managers during the "2001 Global Equity Roadshow."
- Managed a territory of six states with annual sales over $200 million. Provided marketing ideas and customer solutions to wholesale partners and assumed two additional territories. Attended sales conferences in order to deepen client relationships and act as the voice of the brand. Attained Series 6, 7, and 63 Licenses and Level II promotion.
Senior Associate/Department Trainer
- Promoted to senior position based on leadership qualities and consistent performance. Provided support to top 200 clients and acted as portfolio liaison for all equity products. Trained new employees and composed training modules. Received "Most Dedication to the Department" and "Employee of the Month" Awards.
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification
- Conversant skills in French and Spanish
- Travels to 35 countries, 5 continents
- Skills in Photoshop, WordPress, basic HTML, @Risk, STSS, Social Networks, Blogs
- Areas of expertise – sales, channel management, brand development, international business, leadership, market research, competitive analysis, consulting, advertising, business strategy
If you have a job lead for Brandon, please contact him at about.me/BrandonBethea