Social Gaming News Digest for the week ending Aug. 6, 2010
- Google bought SuperPoke! Pets creator Slide this week, fueling more rumors of their impending social/gaming network.
- Zynga shut down its long-running Street Racing game this week, prompting protests and also cold financial analysis.
- Watercooler games got a new name, Kabam, and a new focus on "deeper" Facebook games this week.
- Zynga's games still have a boatload of players.
- Rumor has it that troubled social network Bebo may be making a gaming-fueled comeback.
- A new service lets people buy Facebook Credits from their local 7-Eleven, and they're giving away freebies to new customers.
- Nielsen reported this week that online games are now more popular than reading e-mail.
- This week we took a look at new game Flutter and old Inception adver-game Mind Crime. They were both surprisingly good.
- On the lighter side, What does this mean?