Six Flags Visitor Bitten by Rabid Fox

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon
Health authorities in Maryland issued a warning after a visitor at Six Flags America was bitten by a rabid fox.

The Prince George's County Health Department was searching for anyone who might have come into contact with the animal.

"Because rabies is a highly transmittable and treatable disease, the Health Department is taking all measures to locate any individuals that may have come in contact with this infected fox or any other infected animal," Dr. Donald Shell, a county health official, said in a press release.

The fox was captured and tested positive for rabies.

The health department did not give any specifics about the visitor who was bitten at the amusement park. But the department did say that person, as well as two others who tried to scare the fox away, had to undergo post-rabies vaccination treatment.

Photo, boborosh, flickr
Read Full Story

From Our Partners