Nab a Decor Deal in L.A., N.Y., Dallas, Chicago
When you're out returning that Christmas sweater from Aunt Rose, it might be time to check out some of the great, end-of-year furniture sales going on in home shops across the country. We've pulled together a list of top sales - in New York, L.A., Chicago and Dallas - to shop for your new home (or your old home you want to look new).Read Full Story
- The Conran Shop - The beloved modern-design shop is moving to the ABC Carpet shop (at Broadway and 19th Street) and will begin a storewide sale to clear out its old location on 59th Street on Jan. 2. If the lower-priced, Well Considered line goes on sale, then there will really be bargains to snag.
- Room and Board - 20 to 50 percent off furniture and accessories like the Andre chair (above), now $700 (down from $1,000) at the SoHo location (also L.A., Chicago, D.C., and online).
- Sparrow - 40 percent off sustainably produced accessories and furniture for kids including Inke Heiland's animal, wall-decals made from vintage wallpaper, now $58 (from $96)
- Distant - Turkish textiles like suzanis are 25 percent off (normally $300-$400) at this Silverlake shop which also features cowhide rugs, 35 percent off (from $600), organic wool blankets and bedding 25 to 45 percent off.
- Chiasso - Items in the Lincoln Park store are always 15 to 20 percent lower than the store's catalog or web site, but now holiday items are marked down like their cool, gold Christmas tree, $68 (down from $98) along with furniture, like the Platner-like wire, Onyx Table, $218 (down from $248) and other home decor, some marked down 50 percent.
- Robb & Stucky - Three Dallas locations (NorthPark, South Lake and Plano), plus Las Vegas and Robb & Stucky's 11 other stores are running 10-50 percent off Floor Samples of traditional case goods, upholstered pieces and accessories until stock is gone. Also the New Year's Promotion means 10 percent off new items and custom orders.