Party Girl: Boozy Granitas
A granita is simply a slushy, frozen dessert (or cocktail, in Party Girl's case) made by freezing liquid in a pan, then taking it out of the freezer to scrape the ice crystals with a fork every so often as they form. That's it. No fancy-pants ice cream maker involved, not even a blender. Just a pan, a fork, and some elbow grease - which actually doesn't sound so nice as part of a recipe, but the result will be delicious!
The mixologists over at Serious Eats have been kind enough to round up a dozen refreshing options for boozy granitas - everything from sophisticated Champagne to sultry tequila.
Wine and Champagne:
• Sangria Granita (red), from Fine Cooking
• Sangria Granita (white), from Sandra Lee
• Pink Grapefruit, Strawberry, and Champagne Granita, from Bon Appétit
• Champagne Granita, from Bobby Flay
• Cherry Vodka Granita, from Waitrose
• Lemongrass, Pineapple, and Vodka Granita, from the Toronto Star
• Margarita Granita, from Everyday Food
• Tequila Granita with Lychee and Yuzu Cream from Gale Gand
Liqueurs and Aperitifs:
• Muscatel and Green Grape Granita from Chow
• Poached Grapefruit with Grapefruit Granita (includes Campari), from Martha Stewart Living
• Amaretto Coffee Granita from cdkitchen
Want more fresh entertaining ideas? Read what Party Girl was preparing last week.