World's ten worst vacation destinations
Planning your summer vacation? Then perhaps this is the time to discuss places that you don't really want to visit. Askmen.com recently posted its take on the world's 10 worst vacation destinations, which should provide a convenient starting point. It's ten places to avoid like the plague:
10. Baghdad, Iraq: duh! Yet hundreds of thousands of Americans are spending their summers there. Go figure.
9. Dhaka, Bangladesh: pollution, proverty, overcrowding, and occasionally the entire country is swamped by a cyclone.
8. Yakutsk, Russia: winter temperatures drop to almost 60 below zero. But it's a dry cold.
7. Mogadishu, Somalia: Unless you're a fan of anarachy. If so, this is your spot. No gun laws!
6. Chernobyl, Ukraine: On the other hand, you won't have to fight crowds or provide your own night light.
5. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Does the sobrique 'Hurricane Alley' whet your vacation appetite?
4. Pyongyang, North Korea: Like the movie Brazil without the laugh track. Welcome to Kimseyland!
3. Bujumbura, Burundi: The poorest city in the poorest country in the world.
2. Linfen, China: Coal mining and coal burning make Linfen the city of perpetual darkness.
1. Port Morseby, Papua New Guinea: Rampant HIV, gang wars, overpopulation, murder, this city has it all.
What is the worst place you've ever vacationed?